One of Geek Estate’s member companies, Rentalutions, is seeking an experienced UI/Graphic Designer.
Experienced UI/Graphic Designer
This is a contract position working with a team in Chicago. There is a possibility, but not expectation, that this could evolve into a full-time role.
Remote OK, but we always prefer face-to-face.
Rentalutions provides the tools and resources DIY landlords need to manage their properties online. We’ve created software that helps landlords find, screen and keep high quality tenants. Recently named one of Chicago Inno’s “50 on Fire”, Rentalutions is growing fast. We need help creating and testing a suite of new landing pages that increase conversion and follow our design language.
For years, DIY landlords haven’t had access to the same tools and resources as large property management companies. We’ve changed that, and we’re now the fastest-growing software platform used by independent landlords.
Landlords use us to find tenants, screen them with online applications and soft inquiry credit checks, create and sign digital leases and collect rent. Tenants love our platform too because it gives them a home base of communication for their landlord, they’re automatically afforded more safety and security using our online tools.
What We Need
A data-driven designer to help us revamp our public landing pages. You’ll be responsible for providing high-fidelity web page mockups with production ready assets for mobile and desktop browsers, consistent with our brand’s look and feel. Your designs will be evaluated based on their ability to convert our visitors, who are at multiple stages in the buying cycle, to engaged customers.
Initial project specifications will include
- Mobile first visual overhaul of our existing (30 or so) public landing pages following a provided style guide
- Providing SEO-friendly suggestions and edits to headlines and paragraph copy in each page, improving how we communicate with visitors
- Working closely with one or more developers to realize these designs to ensure they’re performant on every screen
- A portfolio of work, showing you’ve operated in the Saas, webapp, and B2C verticals
- A mastery in creative tools which aid in the design and asset creation process ie. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision
- You must be able to work autonomously toward an agreed upon goal and make realistic and reasonable estimates for deliverables and deadlines
- You must be open and familiar with a collaborative workflow, provide solutions to general feedback, and respond to reasonable requests for changes and edits
- You mush be available for communication on a daily basis during our project, and communicate as early as possible if more info is needed or if the agreed-upon timeline has changed
- You mush demonstrate a strong understanding of the following areas:
- Creating responsive high-fidelity prototypes with the expectation of implementation into HTML, JS and CSS
- Ability to provide web-formatted assets ready for production
- SEO best practices
- Ability to follow a consistent design method and language which will be provided before work on the project begins
- Experience with human centered design practices and the ability to think sympathetically about the user
- Copywriting for the web, translating features into benefits, addressing the concerns of a broad American customer base
What We Want From You
Please provide a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit. Provide a link to an online portfolio showcasing your full skillset. Candidates without a portfolio will NOT be considered for this position.
If interested (or know someone who is), shoot Ryan a note at ryan at rentalutions dot com