MetaProp NYC, an accelerator in New York City, is now open for business. I’ve long believed there is an opportunity to fill in the “real estate accelerator” market (see this post & this one), and MetaProp seems like they can execute on it. They have a strong group of strategic partners out of the gate — Zillow Group, Warburg Realty, DLA Piper, EisnerAmper and News Funnel.
8 teams will get accepted, and receive the following benefits:
- A $25,000 equity investment from MetaProp NYC for 6% of common stock plus an optional $175,000 cash in the form of a convertible note from MetaProp Fund I LP. In addition, custom financing is available for later stage companies.
- Class-A office space in the heart of NYC’s real estate/technology start-up community.
- Exposure to premier sources of global investment capital.
- Accelerated market penetration: access to decision-makers, pilots, deals.
- Dedicated MetaProp Labs resources including in-house recruiting, business development, PR, sales and digital marketing services.
- Pairing with select C-level mentors from MetaProp’s RE200 industry mentor network from each of the 10 major real estate disciplines.
- Participation in Real Estate 301 six week intensive curriculum led by a premier university’s “Faculty in Residence” and esteemed adjunct professors.
- Attendance and promotion at real estate technology industry roundtables and networking events.
- Free goods and services from diverse program partners.
Applications opened this week, and close August 14th.
Are you a tech entrepreneur and interested in the program? You can apply here.