I’ve spent the last 2 years working on an early stage technology startup outside of the real estate industry, Oh Hey World, as well as working on several consulting projects within the industry (including Props) — and certainly have learned a few things about the various phases tech startups go through in the process.
As the entrepreneurs reading know or will know soon (for those working on their first startup as I type), there are multiple phases to creating, building, and bringing a new product to market…
- Problem Identification (which I’ve already written on)
- Industry Expertise & Idea Formation
- Customer Exploration
- Concept Validation – low fidelity wireframe to pass the “I get it” test (you can use Proto.io)
- Design mock ups
- Interaction design (beyond crucial for mobile apps)
- Fundraising (depends on the makeup of your team as to where in the process this comes into play)
- Beta Test
- Ship it!
Which phases are you getting stuck in? Any specific questions you want answers to?