“After you answer these questions, you can create a Brand that will work. For the sake of this Blog Series, I will create the Brand … “Beachwood Canyon Hollywood Homes””
Ok, we have our Brand =) Now What?
In this Step, we are going to create two things:
- A “Branded” Email Account – Through Gmail
- A “Unique” Google Voice Number – That will be forwarded to your existing cell phone.
Why? It’s simple. Over the years, almost everyone I know, has completely “Mucked Up” their Contact info. Their cell phone number is now used by Clients, Family, Friends, Tele-Marketers, Collection Agencies, You Name it!
Today’s Internet consumer expects light speed. They have become accustom to immediate response and when that doesn’t happen, they simply click on the next site and attempt to contact them! Some statistics site as little as 10 minutes for this to take place. It really doesn’t matter what the actual time is, suffice it to say … It’s Quick! So having a very “Specific” email, and a very “Specific” Phone Number, designed ONLY for an Internet presence, will not only allow you to avoid embarrassing moments, but more importantly give you clear analytics and knowledge that these contacts came from your Internet Presence!
IMPORTANT! Use these ONLY for this Online Outline, and DO NOT include them on printed material, in casual conversations, family matters, NOTHING!
The steps are quite simple, keeping in mind our Branding, we simply go to https://mail.google.com (Remember NOT to be logged in to any existing Google Accounts, or it will default to those):
- Click on Create an Account Button (Top Right Corner)
- Enter the Requested Information
- When Choosing your “Username”, use the Branding (We will choose – BeachwoodCanyonHollywoodHomes@gmail.com) Note the Capitalization of the first letter of each word. This technique should be used when presenting the information, as it increases the likelihood that the Consumer will remember it.
- Mobile phone is optional, but DO include your current e-mail, this will aid in recovering a lost/forgotten password or username.
- After opening the account, skip through the introductory process, and click on the account name in the upper right corner, opening up the account info box.
- Click on the word “Account” to go to the account dashboard.
- Click on “Products” along the left sidebar choices.
- Under “Your Products” you will see a few default choices. Scroll down to the (Very Tiny) words “All Google Products” at the bottom of the page. Click on that phrase and it will open up a list of ALL the available Google products, you now have access to as a Google Account Holder. All of them are free of charge. =)
- Choose “Voice” from the list and click on it.
- Create your very own, “Unique” voice number, choosing the area code associated with your “Branded” area. Pick the best/simplest to remember number. It truly doesn’t matter, because is ONLY for the Internet Related Destinations!
- After choosing your number there a few settings in Voice you should set. You do this by clicking on the “Gear” in the top right section of your Voice dashboard, and choosing settings from the drop-down list.
- Under “Phones” – Choose “Forward calls to Google Chat”
- Under “Voice Mail and Text” – Record the two greetings to avoid system greetings.
- Under “Calls” – Change “Call Screening” to off (You will need to confirm) & both “Caller ID choices to “Display my Google Number”
* Any other changes are up to your discretion, but not recommended by this Author.
Ok, we have done it! We now have a “Branded” email & “Unique” Internet Phone Number. Keep in mind, this number is forwarding to your existing mobile phone, so there is no need for any other equipment It will display the Google Voice number you chose, so you can identify the Caller as an Internet Lead.
Next Blog – Step 3 – Google Places – Why it’s so important, and how to do it.
BE SURE to write down, and have available all the created info. To date you should have .. Your “Branding”, your “Branded” email, and your Google Voice number. You can always refer back to:
Until next time,