To Create an Internet Presence that can not only “Cast a Wide Net” and Capture an Interested Consumer, but also “Network” and Communicate with itself there is no better model than the “Hub & Spoke.
However, we need to make a slight Adjustment to the “Simpler” Model and create something like this …
Either way, the “Center” or “Hub” of our Online Presence is a Blog. Not just any Blog.
Although yes, ANY Blog or Website can act as a Hub, Either way, the “Center” or “Hub” of our Online Presence is a Blog. Notare focusing on WordPress. Specifically Wordpress.com for this Series. The basic flaw with using WordPress.com is the inclusion of IDX, in order to do that, you will need to upgrade to a WordPress.org or Self Hosted Blog. Since we have employed the motto “Keep it Simple Stupid” or K.I.S.S. we shall proceed with Woprdpress.com.
BTW, an excellent way to get acquainted with Blogging, and all the Content you produce is easily transferable when you “Move Up” to .org =)
We begin our journey at the domain http://Wordpress.com …
- Top Right Hand Corner … Click on “Sign Up”
- When entering your email, please remember to use your “Branded” email, from Step 2.
- Username and Password are up to you, but I suggest using your first and last name, no spaces, all lowercase as the UN and your favorite unforgettable password =)
- Under Blog Address, use your Brand … for our example we will use BeachwoodHomesForSaleHollywood.wordpress.com (Yes, it is searchable in a Search Engine Query)
- Choose “Basic”, unless you want to “Step Up Early”
- Go check your email, and “Activate” your blog.
- You will be sent to a “Set Up Your Blog” page. Once there change your “Title” by adding spaces and Capitalizing the first letter of each word ei: “Beachwood Homes For Sale Hollywood” Under Tagline I suggest “Fred Smith – REALTOR(c) – Hollywood CA… Click “Next Step”
- Choose a Theme that makes you smile =) Yes, most are FREE, and some cost $$$
- Click “Finish” and You are an “Official Blogger”! Feel any different? =)
If you would like to see what your Blog looks like, hover over your name, in the Top Right corner and choose your Blog’s name (Usually the 1st choice). This will take you to your “Dashboard” otherwise known as your “Control Panel”. If you then look at your Top Left corner, you will see the name of your Blog, and clicking on that will bring you to a consumer view of your Site … Congratulations!
Next week - Step 6 – “Ready, Set, GoDaddy”: 12 Steps Crucial to an RE Professional’s Internet Presence
For your review … Coach