The “Hubba Hubba” of course was our Blog, or the “Hub” in our “Hub and Spoke” design presence.
If you set it up on WordPress.com you got this crazy long Domain name like … BeachwoodHomesForSaleHollywood.Wordpress.com … using our example. Holy Crap! How can I ever use this crazy name on my Business Cards? or my Just Listed Cards?
#1 – DON’T use this ANYWHERE on Printed Materials, DON’T use the Voice number either! Think back to Step 2 – Branded Contact Info: 12 Steps Crucial to an RE Professional’s Internet Presence where we discussed keeping your “Branded” email & Voice number totally separate from your current Contact info? and why? because it will give you a simple way of determining the success or failure of your Online presence =)
#2 – Use that same philosophy when designing your Domain names.
So, let’s get started. We will be creating (If you don’t have one already) a GoDaddy account 1st. Why GoDaddy? Are there other Registrars? Yes, but GoDaddy is simple to manage, typically inexpensive, and has Hotter Chicks on the Home Page!
- Go to GoDaddy.com and click “Create Account” at Top Left corner of page
- Complete info, check the “I Agree” box (After you have read the 47 page Terms of Service of course!) and “Create Account”
- Please DO NOT use your Bank PIN# as a PIN# here! NEVER use that PIN anywhere but your ATM card.
- Buy 3 Domain names (Again assuming you do not have one yet, if you do have one, you will most likely buy 2)
- 1st one will be a long crazy one, designed strictly for Google. Our example would be … BeachwoodHomesForSaleInHollywoodCA.com This Domain will be “Redirected” to your site, and contains the Keywords that are helpful to Ranking.
- 2nd one will be Short, Sweet, & to the point (Like me). Our example would be BeachwoodRE.com This is for display on ALL your Internet locations. When ANY Internet profile asks for your “Website”, this is what you put there. It’s simple, easy to remember, and effective! Forward this Doamin with Masking.
- 3rd one will be what you put on your Business Cards and “Traditional” printed materials. For Our example it might be TheRECoach.com or my favorite because it keeps with your Branding, MyBeachwood.com =) Sounds so nice, doesn’t it? Forward this Domain with Masking as well.
Having a strategy behind your purchasing of Domains is just a Good Idea!
Next week – Step 7 – “Love to Hear Your Clients Going Tweet Tweet Tweet”: 12 Steps Crucial to an RE Professional’s Internet Presence
For your review … Coach