Last Week we Discussed … Step 6 – “Ready, Set, GoDaddy”: 12 Steps Crucial to an RE Professional’s Internet Presence
Today we introduce the first of 3 Social media Giants, Twitter! Please don’t comment, or email regarding the additional 267 Social Media Outlets we could have chosen (Keeping in mind that Facebook & LinkedIn are next)… I know there are lots of wonderful and exciting places to suck up your time at work, but since we are just starting out, let’s just focus on “The Big Three”
Each has it’s own unique Super Power, for Twitter, we will say it’s Super Power is “Broadcasting”. It’s the simplest and most effective way to send your messages to the “Masses”.
“But I only have 1 Follower?” =(
Ah, but much like the Perfect Partner in life, you really only need 1 .. For you see, the right Follower, may have 10,000,000 Followers of their own! Let’s just say you are Followed by Linsey Lohan, because you have ties to a good Criminal Defense Lawyer (JK Linds, JK) .. but you get the picture. If your Tweet goes “Viral” there is no telling how many people may see it!
So Let’s Create an Account, shall we?
- Go to Twitter.com and fill in the 3 boxes where it says “New to Twitter? Sign Up”
- The boxes on the next page will “Pre-Populate”, disregard that, and fill them out as follows:
- Full Name – That’s You =)
- Email: Use your BRANDED email
- Password: Your Call!
- Choose Username: Here we try to create a BRANDED name, similar to our Brand from Step 1, but in just 15 characters .. For our example we will choose @BeachwoodHomes
- Click “Create My Account” (Be sure to read the T.O.S.) =)
Please take the time to fill in the information in your Profile. Twitter now allows you to upload a Photo, and a Cover Photo (Ala Facebook) for your Home Page. Your Photo can be you, but please make your Cover Photo an “Iconic” Landmark of your Branded Area … for us it might be a Panoramic view of the “Welcome to Beachwood” Gates, entering our community.
- Careful to use your Branded Contact Info
- Always Start your Description off with your Contact info, so it is the first thing seen by viewers. HINT: If you replace your name with your phone number, it shows prominently, on your Profile Page =)
- Place a nice lil Bio in
- Insert a web address (Include http:// rather than www so it creates a link)
Welcome to the World of Twitter! =) Play around with it…Say something… “listen” (Meaning watch) .. it’s addicting though, so be careful!
Next week – Step 8 – “Saving Face(book) Bussiness Pages”: 12 Steps Crucial to an RE Professional’s Internet Presence
For your review … Coach