Welcome to GeekEstate Blog! The goal of this blog is to bring together real estate professionals and tech enthusiasts who are interested in learning how technology can increase their business. Are you a geeky real estate fanatic, or interested in becoming one? Please make yourself at home here and add us to your feed reader.
GeekEstate Blog was founded by Zillow.com. Why, you ask? Zillow aims to help people become smarter about real estate, by providing lots of free information from lots of sources. Many real estate professionals tell us that technology helps give them a competitive edge; however, there seemed to be a shortage of geeky real estate blogs out there explaining just how to do this. And so, we’ve decided to fill this void much like we did last year when we launched the Carnival of Real Estate. Zillow’s blog team will administer the GeekEstate Blog, recruit its authors, and may geek out with a post from time to time, but the resident experts are the faces you see in this sidebar.
The seven at-launch contributors listed below have been selected for their understanding of both technology and the real estate industry and share the belief that educating potential clients is the best form of marketing. These people work in technology companies who serve the real estate industry, but they aren’t here to hard-sell you on their products. They are:
- Michael Price – President/Founder of MLPodcast, a video pod-casting service for the real estate industry. Mike’s background includes experience with most facets of applied real estate technology and its convergence with marketing, including data distribution, Web application development, listing enhancements, marketing metrics, and new media.
- Damon Pace – Founder and CEO of Incredible Agent, a provider of real estate marketing systems for agents and brokers. Damon has also been an active Realtor with RE/MAX Excalibur in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Stephen Jagger – Co-founder of Ubertor,a real estate technology company that builds websites for real estate professionals. Stephen is actively involved in the real estate industry as a public speaker and co-founder of the largest real estate agent meet-up in North America. He has been an avid real estate blogger since 2004.
- Brendan King – COO of Point2 Agent, a national marketing and advertising platform exclusively for real estate professionals. Brendan is responsible for the strategic vision, direction and execution for the company. He has more than 17 years of business, sales and marketing experience in the information technology and software industries.
- Matt Dunlap – CTO of Realivent Corporation, a marketing platform for real estate agents, brokerages and communities. He has more than eight years’ of software and online application development experience.
- Cory Miller – Founder of Cory Miller Design, a web development and marketing studio, focusing on WordPress blog design. He has more than eight years’ experience in journalism, marketing and Web design. (Note: Cory designed this blog).
- Drew Meyers- Community Relations Specialist at Zillow. Co-founder and administrator of the Carnival of Real Estate, he is a regular contributor on Zillow Blog.
We look forward to adding more authors; we’re certainly interested in finding several “geeky” real estate professionals to join the team. If you’re interested in writing for GeekEstate Blog, please contact us.
Again, we welcome you to GeekEstate Blog and without further ado, let’s get the “geek speak” started.