This is my open letter to Zillow respectfully requesting that you add a way for me to use google analytics in my Zillow profile. While I have countless reasons for wanting this feature, let me give you a few bullet points:
- Track effectiveness of activity in discussion forums. This is the BIG one. I want to know WHICH discussion forum conversations I am participating in are sending me the leads. I have gotten over a dozen leads (to date) from Zillow since I started answering questions in the forum but I don’t know where they were from since I’ve posted over 600 times in the forum (to date).
- See which geographical areas you are appealing to the most. All the anayltics data can be drilled down to the town level and this would be handy for me to see who is looking for me.
- See which other external links are bringing traffic back to my Zillow profile.
- Check which outgoing links on your profile are effective when the site it points to doesn’t support analytics.
- Find out which keywords in your profile are getting picked up in Google searches.