That’s a lot of money.
A few things I’ve been thinking about:
- Holy crap, purchasing the #2 player in the market is a bold move. Going for the home run. But knowing Spencer, Rich, Lloyd, Amy, Greg, etc personally — this doesn’t surprise me. Well done.
- Does Realtor.com stand a chance? My gut is a resounding no.
- ListHub? In for a VERY rocky downfall.
- What is Zillow’s next move toward building a true real estate ecosystem? dotloop.
- When is Zillow going to venture abroad? 18-ish months.
- Is there a pain point a startup can address that has any chance of breaking through? Yup, putting buyers and sellers in control of exposing their contact information.
- How many hours, days, and months will agents, brokers, franchises, and MLS’ spend complaining about Zillow-Trulia? Far too many.
Congrats to all my Zillow and Trulia friends.