Zillow Group has a new career opportunity for some fortunate soul.
Aka Jay Thompson’s current job.
The question is, who wants to replace Jay Thompson once he retires?
I’m not sure who can fill such big shoes. Few are as like-able, humble, or gracious as the man I still think of as the Phoenix Real Estate Guy.
Maybe DG or I should make an epic comeback to the halls (and social media channels) of Zillow. (kidding of course).
In all seriousness, it would be an awesome role…for the right person. What are they looking for? Read on…
- In coordination with the team, develop and implement outreach and social strategy for Zillow Group as the company grows.
- Actively monitor and participate in real estate related Facebook groups and other online forums. Effective relationship building is critical in this role.
- Be the voice and face of Zillow Group in social media communities and groups.
- Exercise perseverance with dissenting agents and brokers, while maintaining professionalism and consistent message delivery.
- Handle and help lead and administrate various Zillow Group communities focused on Premier Agents.
- Actively participate in product and feature development to provide insight and the voice of the agent/broker community.
- Teach internal “Real Estate 101” classes to Zillow Group employees across the country.
- Serve as Zillow Group industry voice at various events– emphasizing and focusing on Zillow Group’s mission, goals and products at local, state and national real estate conferences and events.
- Attend local, state and national events and represent Zillow Group in an effective and professional manor.
Who you are
- A strategic thinker who has your eye on a long term vision.
- Someone who works reciprocally with others to create and execute on a long-term strategic plan.
- Someone with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone who understands the social media space and wants to build on ZG’s successes.
- Patient and measured– able to respond to the same questions and concerns repeatedly and with enthusiasm.
- Ability to respond to dissenting voices in a professional and courteous manner.
- Able to wade into sometimes hostile discussion while maintaining a professional
- Collaborative and enthusiastic, but with ability to quickly shift into reactive mode when needed.
- Self-starter and able to work at times with little direct supervision.
- A great teammate.
Your skills and background
- 8 – 10 years in real estate sales / brokerage and/or title experience is strongly preferred. Active real estate license preferred, but not required. National Association of Realtors membership preferred but not required.
- Experience establishing, building and administering on-line communities is a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of key social media platforms.
- Ability to take “corporate speak” PR messaging and convert that to a personal voice without losing the key points of the messaging. In other words, the ability to personalize and humanize important messaging and objectives.
- BA/BS in Business, English, journalism, communications or related field is preferred.
- Public speaking and teaching experience strongly preferred.
Interested? Apply here.