Ok, let’s use what we learned in Step 2, our BRANDED contact info! But first, real quick …
When I was 22 I was a Manger at Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers in Downtown SF, and at Fisherman’s Wharf, also in San Francisco. At the downtown location, come 12 noon, we were “Packed” with customers, and I mean PACKED! we would prepare over 300 lunches an hour. We had 4 separate lines going, fully staffed. Why am I telling you this? Because in those 90 minutes, where we were serving 50% of the days customers (More importantly 50% of the days revenue) we followed our District Manager’s main Credo … “Remember Managers, when it counts, you “Put Your Aces in Their Places” … meaning your best Grill man was on the grill, your best Cashier was on the register, your best sandwich maker was making sandwiches ect ect ect
Now, your business & your BRAND is your “Ace”, and you need to have your BRAND in “Places” where the people are … Google represents 70%, or more, of the searches on the Internet. They have developed an application called “Google Places”. They place this group of businesses on page #1, at the top, in Prime position each time they sense that a Consumer is “Searching” for a Business. When they use words like Realty, Real Estate Office, Real Estate Agents, ect Google inserts “Places” right at the top. Think of it as “This generations Yellow Pages”! Just as you HAD TO BE in the Yellow Pages, you really HAVE TO BE in Google Places!
“If You are not a Business Registered in Google Places You Have NO SHOT at Being Found During Those Searches” Now, How do I get There? This is the easy part … go to http://Places.Google.com sign in with your BRANDED Gmail account we set up in Step 2 . Complete the Sign up form, keeping these tips in mind:
- Use your BRANDED email when asked.
- Use your Google Voice number when asked for a phone number. (This is harder than you might think. It is by far the area most people screw up, by entering the email and phone number they always do! Just Neural Programming =)
- Under Company Name use … “John Smith – REALTOR(c) – Beachwood Canyon Hollywood Homes” (Our example of Brand, you use Your Own)
- Choose 2 categories, no more, no less. The categories should be Real Estate Agency & Real Estate Consultant.
- Add a picture of you (Sans the 1960 High School Photo please) and a Welcome video. No more than 2 minutes long. Inviting people to give your services a shot!
After you have fully completed the form, you will submit it. The address that you used (Probably your Office, or at least should be your Office) needs to be “Verified” by the US Postal Service. Before your Business Listing goes “Live” they will send you a post card with a PIN number on it to that address. You must return to your Business Page and place that PIN in the appropriate box and click “GO”. NOW, you are “Live” =)
* Point to remember: In order to “Rise to the Top” of Google Places you need former clients, Peers, and Affiliates to “Review” you. 5 stars please! The more great reviews you have, the better your chances of being among the top results =)
Next week – Step 4 – “Becoming a Star on Your Own YouTube Chanel”: 12 Steps Crucial to an RE Professional’s Internet Presence
For your review … Coach